Apr. 09, 2014 | By Amy Brock
Top 10 Things to Do on a Rainy Day in Savannah
Unfortunately, Mother Nature can have her way with us here in the South! Fortunately, there’s no lack of things to do in Savannah when the sky suddenly opens up. Grab an umbrella and prepare to have a good time (splashing in puddles is encouraged!)
- Spend a morning at the Jepson Center for the Arts. Telfair Square boasts this state-of-the-art museum with modern exhibits, a children’s “Artzeum” and fun gift shop. Stay for lunch at the Jepson Cafe! Hop over to the Davenport House Museum, Juliette Gordon Low Birthplace and the Andrew Low House in the afternoon.
- Take a trolley tour with Old Savannah Tours. Stay dry while enjoying Savannah’s extraordinary architecture and captivating stories!
- Lounge over breakfast at Savannah favorite, Clary’s Cafe or try your hand at flipping your own flapjacks at The Funky Brunch Cafe on Broughton Street.
- Take a tour of the First African Baptist Church, the country’s oldest African-American church is full of history and beautiful stained glass. Take your camera along!
- Treat yourself to a sinful dessert and a martini at LuLu’s Chocolate Bar. Truffles, tarts, pies and their famous chocolate mousse paired with a Raspberry Espresso Martini. Delicious!
- Try the Savannah Movie Tour. More than 60 locations, (including where Forrest Gump perched on that famous bench) are included on this tour!
- Take in a matinee at The Savannah Theatre. The lively cast brings the laughs with their musical styling in such hits as The Savannah Tenors, The Beat Goes On and Jukebox Journey.
- Shop til you drop! Pull up your rain boots and head to the Downtown Design District to check out the unique shops like Lily Bay Studio + Bazaar and La Paperie. Dodge the raindrops on Broughton St. as you meander into The Paris Market, 24e and Villa Savannah.
- You’re on vacation, why not indulge in a day of beauty or a massage at Glow Medical Spa and Beauty Boutique? This chic and tranquil day of relaxation will have you ready for when the rain clears and your dinner reservations at The Olde Pink House.
- A local beer tasting and brewery tour at Southbound Brewing Company is a great way to spend a rainy evening!
For more ideas and entertainment, head over to VisitSavannah.com.